Friday, July 8, 2011

Morning, by Bei Dao

Our guests:

Ben Mirov is the author of Vortexts, Ghost Machine and a chapbook, I Is to Vorticism. He writes for HTMLGIANT lives in Oakland.



Mike Young is the author of Look! Look! Feathers, a book of stories, and We Are All Good If They Try Hard Enough, a book of poems. He co-edits NOÖ Journal, runs Magic Helicopter Press, and writes for HTMLGIANT. He lives in Northampton, MA.




The poem:

Morning
by Bei Dao

those fish entrails as if lights
blink again

waking, there's salt in my mouth
just like the first taste of joy

I go out for a walk
houses learning to listen

a few trees turn around
and someone's become a hero

you must use hand gestures to greet
birds and the hunters of birds.


Ready, set, crossfire!

Ben Mirov: I didn't know what I was doing. I put on a hat made of tape that appeared. I woke up and put on the coffee. I read something called TYPING WILD SPEECH. I sat down at my computer and didn't even cry.




Mike Young: One myth is that music was born when the noise musician bought a badminton set. O skull-fuck some first world boredom. Consider the innovative squid. On the chessboard he turns into chessboard. No, I do remember your name, honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment